just a stone throw from the palace in Versailles’ Notre-Dame district
At the beginning of the 1660’s, Louis XIV inaugurated his own reign by deciding to set up court at Versailles. He undertook the construction of a palace, works which took more than 20 years. The town which developed in order to house part of the court was designed in accordance with symmetrical plans and strict instructions to create a harmonious layout around the palace. The first streets in the Notre-Dame district were, therefore, created around 1665 and in 1682, Versailles became capital of the French kingdom. All buildings constructed in the proximity of the palace, thereafter, aesthetically copied the appearance of those dating from this era. This flat is but two minutes’ walk from the entrance to the Palace and the Royal Opera House, just a few minutes from Rue-de-la-Paroisse and its numerous shops. The prestigious Lycée-Hoche is a 10-minute walk away. Versailles-Rive-Gauche and Versailles-Rive-Droite RER line C train stations, with their respective links to the centre of Paris or La-Défense and Saint-Lazare, are a 10-minute walk away.
Dating from 1926, the dressed stone building with its red brick ornamentation, has an elegant entrance hall, enhanced with a chessboard patterned floor, composite columns, old mirrors and a lift, carved and painted in the 18th century style. It extends into a garden and a paved courtyard, providing access the building housing this flat. The hall includes a wooden lift, with wrought iron railings, which adjoins a wide stone stairway, going upstairs.
This property is on the second floor of the building. The 16 m² entrance hall is harmoniously proportioned and acts as a link between the flat’s day and night-time sections. On the left-hand side, a kitchen, with an eating area, features ivory-coloured units that contrast warmly with the turquoise hues of its walls. It is illuminated via a wide picture window. A service door leads to a landing, on which there is a storeroom as well as the stairway and lift that provide access to the areas previously reserved for staff. Double glazed doors, facing the entrance hall, open into a 26 m² dining room. Made original by its architecture, it includes a wide bow window, the central section of which is composed of a four-leaf window, whilst its accompanying side panels feature bull’s eye windows. A red marble fireplace, in good working order, enhances the left-hand wall. On the right-hand side, a wide opening leads to a lounge, spanning more than 28 m². Illuminated by two double windows, it is decorated with a white marble fireplace that is also in good working order. The floors in the reception rooms are covered with oak wood parquet flooring, laid in a herringbone pattern. The vista from the windows does not include buildings, but provides some beautiful views and takes in an elegant mansion house and its wooded parklands.
A corridor, on the right-hand side of the entrance hall, is lined with numerous storage areas and leads to the rooms in the night-time section. Laid out in a T-shape, this section comprises four bedrooms (spanning between 15 and 23 m²), three of which overlook the garden. Two of the bedrooms have their own shower room, whilst the other two share a bathroom, fitted with a shower and a bath.
On the sixth floor of the building, an 8 m² staff bedroom, with a wash-hand basin, could be used for accommodating a student or a separate study. An extremely sound 12 m² cellar completes this property.
Having benefited from thorough, meticulous renovation works, this quiet, particularly bright, sober and elegant flat reflects resolutely classical aesthetics with an 18th century air. The moulding blends beautifully with the curves of the fireplace, the casement windows with the lines of the parquet flooring. Furthermore, the location of this flat, just a stone’s throw from the Sun King’s palace and the entrances to the parklands, makes it a rarity. Set at a short distance from the town, this timeless, stylish property is part of the royal town’s most beautiful district. Its new owners will, therefore, be able to take advantage of the Notre-Dame district’s lively shopping streets and to appreciate leisurely strolls through the palace’s parklands or to enjoy shows at the Montansier theatre. This flat is well-suited not only to hosting grand functions, with its spacious lounge and dining room, but also to housing a large family.
|Land registry surface area||1383 m2|
|Reception area||54 m2|
|Living space||209 m2|
|Number of rooms||6|
|Number of bedrooms||4|
|Number of lots||130|
|Annual average amount of the proportionate share of expenses||3092 €|
Caroline Caron de Panthou +33 1 42 84 80 85
NB: The above information is not only the result of our visit to the property; it is also based on information provided by the current owner. It is by no means comprehensive or strictly accurate especially where surface areas and construction dates are concerned. We cannot, therefore, be held liable for any misrepresentation.