a restored historic house and its garden
The house is located in the heart of a village with a school. A historic town with all the main shops and services is just a few minutes away. It takes twenty-five minutes to get to Châteaubriant station, which serves Nantes and Rennes, and fifty minutes to Angers TGV station, which connects Paris in one and a half hours. The Angers-Rennes expressway can be reached in ten minutes.
The house consists of a large 18th century main building, extended by a tower and a second, earlier building. The origins of the building date back to the 14th century. The complex was largely redesigned in 1773. The facades are made of coursed schist masonry, partly covered with lime plaster. The window surrounds, corner chains and the cornice are made of tuffeau stone, a characteristic of the Anjou region. The door to the tower is surmounted by a typical 15th-century ogee arch.
The main house comprises a ground floor and a first floor covered with a three-sided slate roof and pierced with tuffeau stone facade dormers. The ground floor openings and dormers are arched.
The entrance is located in the stair tower and provides access on one side to the living room and on the other to the dining room. From the dining room, a doorway leads to the kitchen, a bedroom with shower room, a dressing room and a toilet. The living room and dining room feature fireplaces and ceiling beams. A conservatory and a pantry/boiler room can be accessed from the kitchen.
In the tower, a wooden spiral staircase leads to a landing. It serves on one side an office and on the other a bedroom and a small hallway. This leads to a large attic, three bedrooms, a shower room and bathroom with toilet. Most rooms feature strip parquet flooring. From the landing, a small staircase leads up to the second attic with its original roof structure.
This is the oldest house in the village. Its original architecture is still visible. Many of the period features have been retained. Situated on the borders of Brittany and Anjou, it is close to small towns which also bear the memory and traces of the relations between these two important duchies. The surrounding countryside has been preserved and still consists of fields and hedgerows. Life here is quiet and restful. It retains the rhythm of the ancient times.
|Land registry surface area||1263 m2|
|Main building surface area||310 m2|
|Outbuilding surface area||60 m2|
|Number of bedrooms||6|
Jean Luard +33 1 42 84 80 85
NB: The above information is not only the result of our visit to the property; it is also based on information provided by the current owner. It is by no means comprehensive or strictly accurate especially where surface areas and construction dates are concerned. We cannot, therefore, be held liable for any misrepresentation.