near to the ancient town of Évora in the Alentejo region
In Arraiolos, in the Alentejo region.
120 km from Lisbon airport.
22 km from Évora train station.
41 km from Estremoz.
50 km from Montargil dam.
|Main building surface area :||452 m²|
|Floor surface area of the outbuildings :||2850 m²|
|Construction period :||20ème S.|
|Number of levels :||2|
|View over the countryside|
This property, spanning almost 6,000 m² in the town of Arraiolos, renowned for its richly embroidered rugs, was founded in 1925 to produce “Aliança” pasta. At the time, the very modern factory was equipped with the best of machines. The decor remaining today, somewhere between a traditional hacienda and an industrial workshop, is worthy of a cinema set. The estate includes a total of no less than seven buildings, including a main, 2-storey house, with a garden and two secondary houses. This property, in a good state of repair, will appeal to an enlightened restorer. It also constitutes a project for conversion into “Casas de Campo” holiday rental accommodation units for tourist use, comprising a gross construction surface area of 2,715 m². Said project notably consists of 20 holiday rental accommodation units, including twelve bedrooms and eight studio flats, as well as a restaurant, a bar, shops and artists’ studios. Outside, a large swimming pool is to be installed, together with gardens and a terrace. Such an undertaking in these unusual, history-filled premises can but be a success.
1 100 000 €
More informationThe properties shown here are sold by our exclusive foreign partners, please let us know should you wish to be put in contact with them.
NB: The above information is not only the result of our visit to the property; it is also based on information provided by the current owner. It is by no means comprehensive or strictly accurate especially where surface areas and construction dates are concerned. We cannot, therefore, be held liable for any misrepresentation.